¿Will Facebook pause chats while I’m watching my movie?
¿Will Facebook maximize the viewing window for the movie? Or will it be a hover over like Facebook has started doing with its pictures?
Now the deal states that if you rent a movie you can watch the movie on that movie’s Facebook fan page. Almost all of my social interacts have already been taken over by Facebook, I don’t want my media interactions to be the same way. It will be sad day when I have to have various subscription services to enjoy movies, and I can see the .market headed in that direction. Hopefully this idea will be a flop and studios will allow their movies to be in various arenas at the sametime. Much like the way they deliver their movies to various movie theatres and I don’t have to only see Warner Bros movies in Muvico theaters and Pixar movies at Sony theatres. Consumers want simplicity. I understand that products need to differentiate, but that shouldn’t come at the cost of the consumer’s ease of use for your product.
Good morning…it’s one day before Thanksgiving (in case you didn’t know. I think today is hailed as the largest drinking day of the year…). So before you get sauced and visit your family…let’s get through a few tech stories to talk about while drinking tonight.
- The Patent Office agrees to let Facebook trademark the word “Face”. Facebook, of course, needs to pa the fee for the trademark…but I’m pretty sure that will happen. The Patent Office is so lame for letting this happen. I mean seriously…the word “face”? #Cmon!
- Apple is hiring former people at RIM, and more specifically former RIM employees who worked Enterprise Sales. It looks as though Apple is getting ready to make a push to get in the pockets of more suits. Watch out RIM.
- If you’re a Kik user on BlackBerry then you might have noticed that your service has stopped working. Here’s RIM’s reason to why (hint: they don’t like Kik anymore…)
- In Germany, Google gave house owners the option of blurring out their home so it doesn’t appear on Google Maps. Apparently some German Google lovers did not take to kindly to that and egged the blurried houses. Google’s motto may be “Don’t Be Evil”…but that doesn’t apply to it’s customers…
^ This is a shout-out to all the people taking today to prepare and get ready to cook tomorrow. You’re awesome!!! ^
In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night…MySpace is still Dead
Yes!!! You’ve made it through another week. Week 42 is done…welcome to Friday. Just looking at that isn’t it weird to notice that there are only 10 more weeks left in 2010. Wow…time does fly. What’s on the tech docket for today…we have some twitter news, MySpace actually did something ”new”, the Green Lantern trailer, and I couldn’t go a day without talking about Google.
- Remember when Twitter’s #FollowFriday actually used to mean something? Well apparently Twitter doesn’t and is launching a “Directory”, which will help you find new and meaningful people to follow based upon your current list. …I never really participated in #FollowFriday…but there was just something really cool about the people I followed recommending their favorites to me. It made the network more social.
- So MySpace came out with Mashup, which allows users to mash their Facebook profile with MySpace and get real entertainment recommendations…wait…I didn’t know MySpace was still around.
^ The Green Lantern Trailer “premiered” this week. It’s been getting a lot of flack about not being exciting or the CG not being to tight. Well they have until next year to tighten things up. I’m not worried…I’m excited for the next trailer which will hopefully show more of the ring’s constructions ^
- Need a job? Google is looking to hire more than 2,000 across the globe. Get your resumes out!
Alright, that’s all I have for today…but have an awesome weekend everyone…mahalla