In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night…MySpace is still Dead
Yes!!! You’ve made it through another week. Week 42 is done…welcome to Friday. Just looking at that isn’t it weird to notice that there are only 10 more weeks left in 2010. Wow…time does fly. What’s on the tech docket for today…we have some twitter news, MySpace actually did something ”new”, the Green Lantern trailer, and I couldn’t go a day without talking about Google.
- Remember when Twitter’s #FollowFriday actually used to mean something? Well apparently Twitter doesn’t and is launching a “Directory”, which will help you find new and meaningful people to follow based upon your current list. …I never really participated in #FollowFriday…but there was just something really cool about the people I followed recommending their favorites to me. It made the network more social.
- So MySpace came out with Mashup, which allows users to mash their Facebook profile with MySpace and get real entertainment recommendations…wait…I didn’t know MySpace was still around.
^ The Green Lantern Trailer “premiered” this week. It’s been getting a lot of flack about not being exciting or the CG not being to tight. Well they have until next year to tighten things up. I’m not worried…I’m excited for the next trailer which will hopefully show more of the ring’s constructions ^
- Need a job? Google is looking to hire more than 2,000 across the globe. Get your resumes out!
Alright, that’s all I have for today…but have an awesome weekend everyone…mahalla
- Today is election day…so make sure you get out to vote in your local elections. Every vote counts.What does election day have to do with tech?!? Well social media has some cool tools for Foursquare, Twitter, and Facebook that makes voting fun (and you can get badges!!!)
- SO rumors are starting to circulate that Google will release a Chrome OS netbook in November…wait…isn’t this November?!? Yeah…I’m not to sure about this one…
- Twitter’s stock trade = $1.6 billion (valuation). New York Times market capitalization = $1.1 billion. Twitter is worth more than the New York Times…
- And in possible Christmas gifts, Engadget has reviewed the Samsung Galaxy Tab. To me it’s looking pretty good. A smaller tablet (about the size of a Kindle), that runs Android and allows for video calling…and it’s gonna be sold by the wireless carriers, which you can get it at subsidy.
So remember keep you cool today, when things don’t go your way…because you don’t want to end up all frustrated like the person in the video below…